Two years ago I stood in the back of a semi-empty courthouse with a few of our close family and friends. I rushed down that tiny isle because I just didn’t want to wait another second not being your wife. It was nothing fancy, just love. We had nothing but each other.
Two years later married life has evolved into our daily routine of work and chaos. I want you to know that I don’t take it for granted, not for one second. Every once in a while, in one of my moments of having a nervous breakdown (daily) as your telling me to get my shit together, I can’t help but smile and think about this person who I met as a kid (has been in love with me since we were 12 years old, obviously), who is so strong, funny, handsome and calm, is MY husband. There are days where I just can’t even believe it.
These words don’t even come close to describing how much I love you. You love my crazy, dramatic, over the top self. Just one eye roll from you and I know everything is going to be okay. We’ve made some amazing memories and had some really shitty days, both of which I’ll happily go through as long as they’re with you. I’m so grateful for these fleeting moments in life that we cherish so much.
From going out to breakfast every weekend to watching our kids own the shit out of us, there’s not one person in the world I would rather be on this roller coaster of marriage with. We are so different, yet we’re exactly the same in so many ways. I thank God every day for bringing you into my life, I’m constantly trying to figure out what I did to deserve someone so selfless as you. I love you. I love us. I love our life together. Happy Anniversary.
(SHOP THE DRESS)
Like I said, I have no desire to work with a company just if I don’t truly love or believe in their products. Right away when I was I contacted about Artsbot, I was really excited. When I received our kit, I called Tony down from his room while he was playing Xbox (where he had been for what seemed like hours) and handed it to him, not even telling him what it was. He opened it, took each item out of the box, read the instructions and literally started right away. I feel like something that could take him away from Xbox so easily, has to be great. So..
What is Artsbot?
It is a super easy craft kit for kids. Invented by a mother of two who was just sick of sitting her kids of front of a screen for a distraction while traveling. They’re just so simple and creative. Everything you need is included (natural and earth-friendly materials) in the box so you don’t have to worry about not having something. We received the “Positive Vibes” kit, which came with wooden shapes with magnets, rhinestones, markers, stickers, a sketch book, pen and project tutorial. They also have kits to make bracelets, wooden blocks, cars, necklaces, clay, hair accessories and more.
A canvas bag is also included so you can carry it with you wherever you go. The kits were designed to be TSA friendly as well, so that when you’re traveling your kids will have no problem bringing them through the airport.
The best part.
Besides the fact that it’s only $20 with free shipping always, each time you upload a picture of your child’s design using the hashtag #botheart, Artsbot will donate a kit to a child who needs it most. Such an easy way to give back, especially around this time of year. Just head on over to: Artsbot and use the coupon code: Devinney10, you will receive 10% off your order!
This is the time at work during your lunch break you contemplate sleeping in your car but can’t actually do it because you know there is a really good chance you won’t make it back. Continue reading “Sleep regression: How to survive.”
So I’m attempting family pictures!!!! I kinda promised myself I wouldn’t do it because any other time I’ve tried it’s been insane getting the kids ready and out the door for the perfect lighting but I’ve officially committed. I’ve seen so many this year I loved and looking back at my pictures of me as a kid I want my kids to have those to look back on too. Ive also decided I’m going to plan much more in advanced so I’ve put together some looks to make it much easier for you to get everything together for your family pictures. Continue reading “Family picture ideas!”
My husband is literally the hardest person on my list to shop for! Here are a few ideas to get you through your shopping..
- Underwear // My husband should just expect this for every holiday because it’s just so easy, Calvin Klein Boxer Brief – Pack of 3
- Personalized toiletry bag // The bag so they don’t just through their shit everywhere and make a mess. The personalization so that they know it’s theirs and not to steal your stuff!
- Just like the Tile, the Bluetooth Tracking Tag is so that your husband won’t be calling you to help him come look for his keys that he can’t find (9 times out of 10 they are in the side of the recliner).
- Jord Mens Watch // It’s no secret I just love these watches. The fact that it’s made from real wood will make your husband feel more manly wearing an accessory (maybe).
- Swell Reusable Bottle // Keeps your coffee hot and your water cold. We lost this at the football field once and found it the next day. The water in it was still ice cold!
- They actually have a mini version of the Google Home, which is more than 1/2 the price of the original Google Home with pretty much all of the same capabilities.
- What man doesn’t love a hat?
- Whether they use it for the gym or as luggage, the Herschel Supply Co. Novel Duffel is perfect. Wrap all of his gifts up and throw them in there.
I know .. it’s a little early, but if you’re anything like me you wait until the last minute to shop for Christmas. So, in my attempt to start shopping early, I’m sharing some of the gifts I would want for Christmas, to give the hunny ideas of what to get you!
- Personalized jewelry // I had another baby this year so I have to add another letter to my two already A & C. Obsessed with these Etsy Simple, Delicate Necklace
- Jord Watch // Where do I even start with this perfect watch. It’s lightweight, matches everything and completely affordable. Click the link: https://www.woodwatches.com/g/_kdevinney to get 25% off your order and quickly because the coupon ends 12/19.
- Boots // What girl doesn’t love boots? And these Vince Camuto are perfect for any outfit.
- Knit blanket // besides the fact that they’re aesthetically pleasing, they look like you would be laying on a cloud.
- Makeup // I hate spending my own money on makeup because I don’t use it too often, so whenever someone else can buy it for me as a gift – I jump on the opportunity!
- YETI Roadie 20 // If you have to have a cooler, you might as well have a pink one. I don’t even drink and I’m obsessed with this.
- Tile // If you’re anything like me, you lose your keys everyday. My daughter takes them and it takes us hours to find them. This will ensure you’ll never lose them. It’s $35 (you can get at Target), you just attach it to your key ring and you’ll never lose them again.
I was just recently talking to a friend who had just had baby and asked me what I did to get mine to sleep through the night. I figured since all of my kids slept for the night at an early age I would give you a list of tips and tricks on what worked for me. Continue reading “How to get your baby to sleep through the night.”
From the second my kids were born I’ve been making a mental list of the little attributes they got from me. His cute little nose and her lips: the good stuff. But, I’m pretty sure my oldest got my know-it-all attitude and drama: the WTF stuff.
Continue reading “Like mother, like son?”
Two years later I can still picture my 86 year old Italian grandmothers face staring at me from across her kitchen table when I told her what we would name our daughter if its a girl. “What’s a Cabrey?!”
Continue reading “What’s a Cabrey?”